Introduction to Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Who should do this training?
The aim of this workshop is to equip participants with the skills, knowledge and attitude to work effectively in vocational education and training, and to use Training Packages to meet client needs. It is suitable for trainers and assessors, particularly those working for Registered Training Organisations and those who are undertaking the Cert IV in Training and Assessment. In addition to this, the course is useful for others who work in training and assessment roles, including training designers, managers, consultants and administrators.
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 2 days.
What is the cost?
$500 per person.
This price is for public workshops in our Perth training centre. Special rates can be negotiated with clients for group-based programs delivered exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre. We can also offer in-house client specific training overseas, throughout regional Australia as well as all capital cities including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Are there any course pre-requisites?
No qualifications or previous experience in training and assessment are necessary to participate in this workshop. However, a relatively high level of reading and writing ability is required, as well as computer skills (internet research and word processing).
Which unit(s) are covered?
TAEDES402 – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs.
This unit contributes to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
What topics and activities are included?
Throughout the course, learners will be required to undertake a case study which involves analysis and interpretation of a Training Package to meet a client need.
- Program introduction and overview
- Vocational education and training concepts: Overview of VET in Australia, competency-based training and assessment, National Skills Framework, Training Packages and accredited courses, etc
- Major players in VET: National bodies, state bodies, registering bodies, delivery and support organisations, trainers and assessors, RTO clients
- Training Packages: Types of Training Packages; how are they developed and endorsed?; how are they structured and coded?; Qualification pathways and skill sets
- Training Package Qualifications Framework: Qualification packaging rules; Prerequisite requirements; Customising a qualification to meet client needs; Employability skills
- Training Package Competency Standards: Unpacking units of competency; Contextualising competency standards; Clustering units of competency
- Training Package Assessment Guidelines
- Accredited courses: About accredited courses; Structure of an accredited course
Is there any pre-course work?
Upon enrolment, participants will be emailed a pre-course module which provides them with introductory information about Training Packages. Participants are strongly encouraged to complete this prior to attending the course.
What about homework and assessment requirements?
Participants may find it necessary to complete some work at home after the first day of the course, in preparation for the following day.
Activities to be completed during the training:
- Short Answer Questions
- Training Package Case Study
Activities to be completed after the training:
- Research and apply a Training Package to meet a workplace need
- Analyse and interpret a unit of competency
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for more detailed course information including Language Literacy and Numeracy requirements, RPL and other general advice. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444