WHS Management Systems and Contractor Management
Who should do this training?
This workshop has been developed for those whose responsibilities include contributing to the implementation of their organisation’s WHS management system, and assisting with the management of contractor WHS compliance. The course is ideal for those working at the level of a Work Health and Safety officer or advisor and forms part of the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety qualification.
The course is specifically applicable to those operating under the Work Health and Safety Act.
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 4 days.
What is the cost?
$990 per person.
The price is for our public workshops in our Perth office. Special rates can be negotiated for programs conducted by Training Services Australia on behalf of our clients, exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre. We can also offer in-house client specific training overseas, throughout regional Australia as well as all capital cities including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Are there any course pre-requisites?
No qualifications are necessary to participate in this workshop. However, participants will need to have a relatively high level of reading and writing ability and reasonable numeracy skills.
Examples of activities that participants will need to perform include:
- Read, research, analyse and interpret a range of WHS texts, including regulatory documents (Acts, Regulations, Codes, etc) as well as policies and procedures
- Communicate information about the organisation’s WHS management system to others, verbally and in writing
- Document plans for implementing the organisation’s WHS management system
Participants will also need to be capable of using word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word) to write, edit and format documents.
It is recommended that participants attend this course after they have completed TSA’s ‘Research and apply WHS legislation’ course or be a currently elected Safety and Health Representative.
Which unit(s) are covered?
BSBWHS415 – Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
BSBWHS418 – Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
What topics and activities are included?
- Introduction to WHS management systems
- WHS Management Plans
- Contribute to implementing the organisation’s WHSMS
- Contribute to reviewing WHSMS implementation
- Introduction to contractor WHS management
- Prepare for and assist with contractor inductions
- Assist with managing contractor WHS compliance
- Case study – Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
Is there any pre-course work?
Before attending the workshop, participants are encouraged to access and bring a copy of their organisation’s:
- WHS policy
- WHS management plan
- Policy and procedures for Injury Management and Return-to-work
- Policy and procedures for Contractor WHS management
- Contractor safety handbook (where one exists)
What about homework requirements?
Participants may be required to complete some work at home after each day of the course, in preparation for the following day.
What are the assessment requirements for the course?
The assessment for this course consists of:
- Short answer questions (normally completed on-course)
- Case study (normally completed on-course)
- Post-course assessment activities requiring candidates to practically apply the competencies in the workplace. These include:
- Organisational WHSMS research
- Prepare WHSMS implementation plan for own work area
- Support implementation of WHSMS plan in own work area
- Review and improve WHSMS implementation plan
- Review a safe system of work in your organisation
- Research organisation’s requirements for contractor WHS management
- Contribute to contractor WHS induction
- Carry out contractor audit and site inspection
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for more detailed course information. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444.