Provide Work Skill Instruction
Who should do this training?
This workshop is principally aimed at those whose focus as a trainer tends to be on specific learner and organisation requirements such as workplace inductions; operating new equipment and processes; developing new skills at work; improving employee efficiency and effectiveness and; compliance with safety procedures. It is suitable for line managers, supervisors, trainers or anyone who needs to deliver organisational specific, skills-based training.
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 3 days.
Why choose us?
We have 20 years experience in the training of trainers and are committed to quality. We are trusted by many of Australia’s leading companies.
What is the cost?
$695 per person.
This price is for public workshops in our Perth training centre. Special rates can be negotiated with clients for group-based programs delivered exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre. We can also offer in-house client specific training overseas, throughout regional Australia as well as all capital cities including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Nov 30 - Dec 2, 2020
Feb 1 - Feb 3, 2021
Apr 19 - Apr 21, 2021
Jun 14 - Jun 16, 2021
Are there any course pre-requisites?
There are no formal pre-requisites for undertaking this course, however participants will require a reasonable level of reading and writing ability.
Which unit(s) are covered?
TAEDEL301 – Provide work skill instruction
What topics and activities are included?
During Day 3, each learner will be assessed delivering a twenty-minute skills-based training session to a group of fellow participants. Learners will be given some time to prepare for this session on Day 2 of the course. Learners will be required to finish preparing for their session, and practice the delivery of their session for homework on Day 2 of the course.
- Introduction and course overview
- Competency-based training
- Training focus and specifications
- Training roles
- Trainer, instructor, coach facilitator?
- What makes an effective trainer?
- What is learning?
- General principles of learning
- Learning styles
- Session structure
- Session introduction, body and conclusion
- Learning outcomes
- Training plans and activities
- Training resources and materials
- Training technology and equipment
- Training purpose and objectives
- Learner needs and characteristics
- Training context and learning environment
- Notification of training details
- Arrangements for recording trainingListening skills
- Questioning skills
- Providing feedback
- Presentation skills for trainers
- Use of session plans
- Managing session timing
- Addressing health and safety issues
- Providing opportunities for practice
- Monitoring learner progress
- Dealing with difficult behaviour
- Delivery of training sessions
- Methods of evaluating training
- Self reflectionImplementing improvements
- Course review and conclusion
Is there any pre-course work?
It is recommended that prior to the course, participants give thought to a topic for a 20 minute skills-based training session that they will be required to deliver to a group of other participants on the final day of the course. Participants should also make arrangements to ensure the necessary resources are available to deliver their session to approximately 6 people.
Note: Further details about requirements of the training session will be provided to participants at the start of the course or can be obtained by contacting Training Services Australia before the start of the course.
What about homework and assessment requirements?
Participants may find it necessary to complete some work at home after each day of the course, in preparation for the following day.
This could include finalising preparations for a twenty minute skills-based training session to be delivered on the final day of the course.
Assessment requirements include:
- Assessment of on-course training session delivery
- Assessment of training documentation completed on the course (training records, trainer self-evaluation form, etc)
- Completion of Introduction to Training Knowledge Questionnaire. This tests learners’ underpinning knowledge of training concepts. The questionnaire may be completed as an ‘open-book’ assessment, during or after the course.
- Post-course assignment, including organising and conducting two training sessions in the workplace. These sessions must focus on training through instruction and demonstration of work-skills, be on different topics and; be delivered to different individuals/groups. Trainees will also be required to obtain feedback from their learners; self-evaluate their own performance and; answer a series of questions about the processes they used to conduct their training sessions.
Note that learners will be required to arrange for a third party to observe them delivering these sessions (or submit a video of their sessions to TSA).
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for more detailed course information including Language Literacy and Numeracy requirements, RPL and other general advice. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444.