Planning, organising and risk management
Who should do this training?
Supervisors, team leaders and frontline managers, who are required to manage the day-to-day operations of a team to achieve operational goals.
This module contains 4 units from the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (previously Frontline Management)
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 4 days.
What is the cost?
$950 per person.
The price is for our public workshops in our Perth office. Special rates can be negotiated for programs conducted by Training Services Australia on behalf of our clients, exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre.
We can also offer in-house client specific training overseas, throughout regional Australia as well as all capital cities including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Are there any course pre-requisites?
No qualifications are necessary to participate in this workshop. However, a relatively high level of reading and writing ability is required, as well as reasonable numeracy and good computer skills. To complete the assessment component of this course, you will need to be working in an organisation where you are able to perform leadership and supervision activities and coordinate resources needed by the team.
Which unit(s) are covered?
What topics are included?
- Introduction to operational planning
- Resource planning and acquisition
- Recruit and induct employees
- Monitor and report on resource use
- Monitor operational performance
- Introduction to risk and risk management
- Identify risks
- Analyse and evaluate risks
- Treat risks
- Monitor and review risk management
- Plan and complete own work schedule
- Monitor own work performance
- Coordinate own professional development
Is there any pre-course work?
Learners are encouraged to source the following information from their organisation before attending the workshop:
- Their organisation’s purchasing policy and procedures
- Their organisation’s risk management policy and procedures
- The key performance indicators (KPIs) for their team
- Their job description / duty statement
- The performance appraisal form that applies to their role
What about homework and assessment requirements?
Learners may be required to complete some work at home after each day of the course, in preparation for the following day.
The assessment for this course consists of:
– Assessment questions to be completed on-course
– A post-course assignment including:
- Structured tasks / activities to provide evidence of the application of operational planning and monitoring, coordinating business resources, developing work priorities, and managing risk in the workplace
- Answers to questions about practical application of key components of the course
– Third party report from supervisor confirming practical application of competencies in the workplace
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for a detailed course outline. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444.