Workplace Communication and Continuous Improvement
Who should do this training?
Supervisors, team leaders and frontline managers who are required to make presentations, communicate effectively with others, and lead teams to implement the organisation’s continuous improvement systems and processes. This course contains 3 units from the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (formerly Certificate IV in Frontline Management).
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 4 days.
What is the cost?
$950 per person.
The price is for our public workshops in our Perth office. Special rates can be negotiated for programs conducted by Training Services Australia on behalf of our clients, exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre.
We can also offer in-house client specific training overseas, throughout regional Australia as well as all capital cities including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Nov 5 - Nov 8, 2018
Mar 18 - Mar 21, 2019
Are there any course pre-requisites?
No qualifications are necessary to participate in this workshop. However, a relatively high level of reading and writing ability is required, as well as reasonable numeracy and computer skills. To complete the assessment component of this course, you will need to be working in an organisation in which you can perform team leadership and supervision activities. These include implementing the organisation’s continuous improvement system with your team, communicating effectively with a range of other people using a variety of methods, and planning and delivering oral presentations.
Which unit(s) are covered?
What topics are included?
Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Communication skills for team leaders
- Planning to communicate
- Communicating effectively
- Communication record-keeping and follow-up
Make a presentation
- Planning a presentation
- Structuring a presentation
- Presentation aids and materials
- Organising the presentation
- Delivering the presentation
- Reviewing and evaluating the presentation
- Continuous improvement concepts
- Establishing an environment for continuous improvement
- Identifying improvement opportunities
- Planning, implementing and reviewing improvements
Is there any pre-course work?
Before attending the workshop, participants are encouraged to access and bring a copy of their organisation’s continuous improvement policy and procedures. They are also encouraged to think about a topic for a 10 minute presentation which they will make during the course. It is recommended that participants bring any equipment / resources that they will need for the presentation.
What about homework and assessment requirements?
Participants will be assessed delivering a presentation to a group of fellow participants during the course. Time will be provided on the course for participants to plan and organise their presentation, however participants will need to also spend some time preparing and rehearsing their presentation for homework.
The assessment for this course consists of:
– Questions designed to test learners’ knowledge of key concepts presented during the course
– Delivery of an oral presentation during the course and preparation of supporting documentation
– A post-course assignment, including:
- Structured tasks / activities to provide evidence of the workplace application of implementing continuous improvement and communicating as a leader
- Preparation, delivery and review of a presentation in the workplace
– Third party reports from supervisor confirming practical application of competencies in the workplace
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for a detailed course outline. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444.