Leadership, Effective Workplace Relationships and Self-Management
Why choose us?
Successful leaders are more efficient in achieving organisational goals and improve culture. Our Leadership, Effective Workplace Relationships and Self-Management course has been continually refined over 20 years to ensure that we are the benchmark provider of this training in Perth and throughout Australia. We take the time to ensure leaders are fully equipped to lead and develop their teams to achieve.
If you are looking for leadership training for yourself or your staff from a training provider with a reputation for quality and integrity, please contact our friendly and professional training advisors.
Who should do this training?
Supervisors and Team Leaders who are required to provide leadership and guidance to others and have responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of a team and its work outcomes. This module contains 5 units from the BSB40520 Cert IV in Leadership and Management (Previously Frontline Management)
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 5 days.
What is the cost?
The cost of this Leadership Training Course is $1300 per person.
The price is for our public workshops in our Perth office. Special rates can be negotiated for programs conducted by Training Services Australia on behalf of our clients, exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre.
We can also offer in-house client specific training internationally, throughout regional Australia, and in all Australian capital cities, including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Are there any course pre-requisites?
No qualifications are necessary to participate in this workshop. However, a reasonable level of reading and writing ability is required, as well as planning, analysis, communication and basic computer skills. To complete the assessment component of this course, you will need to be working in an organisation where you have responsibility for leading and supervising others.
Which unit(s) are covered?
BSBPEF402 – Develop personal work priorities
BSBLDR411 – Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
BSBLDR414 – Lead team effectiveness
BSBXTW401 – Lead and facilitate a team
BSBLDR413 – Lead effective workplace relationships
What topics and activities are included?
- Planning your work
- Creating your personal work schedule and managing your time
- Implementing your personal work schedule
- Reviewing personal work performance
- The role of the team leader
- Leadership theories, models and styles
- Aligning behaviour with organisational values
- Making decisions as a leader
- About teams and team effectiveness
- Planning to achieve team outcomes
- Developing team cohesion and facilitating teamwork
- Supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Coordinating work and supporting the team
- Liaising with management
- Responding constructively to conflict
- Monitoring team performance
- Leading effective workplace relationships
Is there any pre-course work?
Learners are encouraged to source the following information from their organisation before attending the workshop:
- The job description form for their own job and/or a leadership role to which they are aspiring
- Their organisation’s value statement / list of values
- Their organisation’s code of conduct
Participants should reflect on the following questions before attending the course:
- What is the difference between a group and a team?
- What are the characteristics of a cohesive team?
- How can I build the trust and confidence of the people I lead?
What about homework and assessment requirements?
Learners may be required to complete some work at home after each day of the course, in preparation for the following day.
The assessment for this course consists of:
– Completion of Knowledge Questionnaire to test learners’ underpinning knowledge of concepts covered during the course
– Post-course assignment, including:
- Structured tasks / activities to provide evidence of preparing and implementing personal work schedule, leading and supporting a team, and relating effectively to others in the workplace
- Answers to questions about practical application of key components of the course
- Third party report from supervisor confirming practical application of competencies in the workplace
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for a detailed course outline. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444.