Carry Out Workplace Assessment
Why choose us?
We have 20 years experience in training assessors and are committed to quality. We are trusted by many of Australia’s leading companies.
Who should do this training?
This course is appropriate for those with significant technical or vocational expertise who are expected to assess others as part of their work responsibilities. Candidates undertaking this course can carry out assessment and make assessment decisions against enterprise requirements. Additionally, they can collect evidence on behalf of those making judgements against nationally competencies
Please note: This course is not suitable for those who are required to plan, organise and conduct assessments ans make assessment decisions against nationally recognised units of competency or accredited courses.
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 2 days.
What is the cost?
$600 per person.
This price is for public workshops in our Perth training centre. Special rates can be negotiated with clients for group-based programs delivered exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre. We can also offer in-house client specific training overseas, throughout regional Australia as well as all capital cities including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Are there any course pre-requisites?
There are no formal pre-requisites for undertaking this course, however participants will require a reasonable level of reading and writing ability.
Which unit(s) are covered?
WPTASS001 – Carry out workplace assessments
This is an core unit from the nationally recognised Course in Field-based Training and Assessment (10235NAT)
What topics and activities are included?
As part of this course, each learner will be assessed conducting a simple evidence gathering activity during the workshop.
- Introduction and course overview
- What is assessment?
- The purpose of assessment
- Types of assessment
- An example of a competency-based assessment process
- Assessment evidence
- Rules of evidence
- Assessment methods
- Principles of assessment
- Reasonable adjustments in assessment
- Assessment plans
- Assessment tools
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities and confirming organisational arrangements for evidence gathering
- Briefing the candidate prior to the assessment
- Gathering quality evidence
- Supporting the candidate
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Occupational health and safety risks during evidence collection
- Limitations and issues in collecting quality evidence
- Making an assessment judgement
- Providing feedback
- Documenting and recording assessment evidence
- Assessment records and reports
- Reviewing the evidence gathering / assessment process
Is there any pre-course work?
Before attending the workshop, participants are encouraged to access and bring a copy of:
- their organisation’s assessment policies and procedures;
- an assessment tool that they will be expected to use when conducting assessments in the workplace
What about homework and assessment requirements?
Some learners may find it necessary to complete work at home after the first day of the course, in preparation for the following day.
Assessment requirements include:
- Short answer questions
- Simulated assessment activity conducted on the course and observed by a TSA assessor
- Completion of forms relating to the simulated assessment activity
- Two assessments conducted by the candidate in the workplace, using their organisation’s assessment tools and observed by a supervisor or qualified assessor from their organisation
- Completion of forms relating to the workplace assessments
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for more detailed course information including Language Literacy and Numeracy requirements, RPL and other general advice. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444