Carry Out Workplace Assessment
Who should do this training?
This course is appropriate for those with significant technical or vocational expertise who are expected to assess others as part of their work responsibilities. Candidates undertaking this course can carry out assessment and make assessment decisions against enterprise requirements. Additionally, they can collect evidence on behalf of those making judgements against nationally competencies
Please note: This course is not suitable for those who are required to plan, organise and conduct assessments and make assessment decisions against nationally recognised units of competency or accredited courses.
Why choose us?
We have 20 years experience in training assessors and are committed to quality. We are trusted by many of Australia’s leading companies.
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 2 days.
What is the cost?
$600 per person.
This price is for public workshops in our Perth training centre. Special rates can be negotiated with clients for group-based programs delivered exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre. We can also offer in-house client specific training overseas, throughout regional Australia as well as all capital cities including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Mar 17 - Mar 18, 2022
May 5 - May 6, 2022
Jun 16 - Jun 17, 2022
Aug 4 - Aug 5, 2022
Sep 8 - Sep 9, 2022
Nov 17 - Nov 18, 2022
Dec 8 - Dec 9, 2022
Are there any course pre-requisites?
There are no formal pre-requisites for undertaking this course, however participants will require a reasonable level of reading and writing ability.
Which unit(s) are covered?
NAT10898001 – Carry out workplace assessments
This is a core unit from the nationally recognised Course in Field-based Training and Assessment (10898NAT)
What topics and activities are included?
As part of this course, each learner will be assessed conducting a simple assessment during the workshop.
- Introduction and course overview
- An overview of assessment
- Key assessment concepts
- Assessment tools and instruments
- Preparing to assess
- Briefing the candidate prior to the assessment
- Gathering quality evidence
- Supporting the candidate
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Making an assessment judgement
- Providing feedback
- Documenting and recording assessment evidence
- Reviewing the assessment process
Is there any pre-course work?
Before attending the workshop, participants are encouraged to access and bring a copy of:
- their organisation’s assessment policies and procedures;
- an assessment tool that they will be expected to use when conducting assessments in the workplace
What about homework and assessment requirements?
Some learners may find it necessary to complete work at home after the first day of the course, in preparation for the following day.
Assessment requirements include:
- Short answer questions
- Simulated assessment activity conducted on the course and observed by a TSA assessor
- Completion of forms relating to the simulated assessment activity
- Two assessments conducted by the candidate in the workplace, using their organisation’s assessment tools and observed by a supervisor or qualified assessor from their organisation
- Completion of forms relating to the workplace assessments
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for more detailed course information including Language Literacy and Numeracy requirements, RPL and other general advice.
Click here for information and instructions for the workplace supervisor / support person.
Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services.
Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444