Assessment Refresher – Online Training Course
What is Assessment Refresher Training?
To provide those who hold formal assessment qualifications with revision of key concepts which underpin workplace assessment, as well as practical guidance on how to assess effectively.
Why a refresher?
For most of us, the longer it is since we completed a course, the less information we retain, especially if we are not practising the knowledge and skills acquired on the course. Revisiting the content in a summarised fashion is an effective method of refreshing our memory and restoring the key points to the front of our mind. Hence the reason why first aid refresher courses are mandatory. Assessing (including VOC’s) is of critical importance to the safety and efficiency of work practices, so it is vitally important that assessments are conducted effectively. This course will help you maintain your skill as an assessor and help ensure you conduct assessments which sufficiently rigorous, as well as valid.
What is the cost?
The cost of the course is $175 per person (inc GST)
How long does the course go for?
The course duration is approximately 1.5 hrs
What topics and activities are included?
Section 1 – What is assessment and why do we do it?
• What is competency-based assessment?
• Why do organisations assess?
• Assessment versus training
• Consequences of inadequate assessment
• Can assessors be held liable for their assessment decisions?
• Types of competency-based assessment
Section 2 – Key concepts underpinning effective assessment
• Assessment benchmarks
• What are the Principles of Assessment?
• Assessment evidence and assessment methods
• What are the Rules of Evidence?
• Roles and responsibilities of the assessor
• Code of Practice for Assessors
Section 3 – How to conduct a high-quality assessment
• Preparing to assess
• The pre-assessment briefing
• Gathering assessment evidence
• Supporting the candidate
• Making the assessment decision
• Issues that can unfairly influence assessment judgements
• Documenting and recording assessment evidence
• Writing assessment comments
• Providing assessment feedback
• How to give a ‘Not yet competent’ result
• Filing and storage of assessment paperwork
Section 4 – Dealing with assessment challenges and reviewing the assessment process
• Common assessment challenges and how to deal with them
• Giving feedback on assessment tools and processes
• Benefits of assessment validation
• How to participate effectively in assessment validation
What is the benefit of doing the course online?
The benefits of doing the Assessment Refresher Course online with TSA include:
Flexibility: Access to content 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Self Paced: Employees can work own pace and fit the training around their other commitments
Self Help: Employees are able to immediately review the content should they answer an assessment question incorrectly
Increased Capacity and Consistency: Online learning allows employers to achieve a great degree of coverage for their workforce, and ensures that the message is communicated in a consistent fashion, resulting in all learners receiving the same training.
Decreased Cost: Reduces time away from the workplace, eliminates the need for travel, and removes the need for classroom-based training.
Reduced Carbon Footprint: Use of e-learning for training delivery, coupled with online testing and quizzing, eliminates the the need for printing out paper-based training materials and assessments, or travelling to attend face-to-face training.
What are the assessment requirements?
The assessment for this course consists of Assessment questions and activities to be completed on-course at the end of each section. There are no post course assessment requirements.
Is there any more information?
Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444.