Assessment Refresher – Online Training Course
What is Assessment Refresher Training?
To provide those who have previously undergone formal assessor training with revision of some of the key concepts which underpin effective assessment, as well as practical advice for how to assess effectively
Why Section 44?
Mine managers are responsible for the safety of all personnel at a mine site however they are unable to monitor all parts of the operation at the same time. Fortunately, under Section 44 of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act (WA) a mine manager can delegate duties to others to assist them in meeting their obligations.
Who is an Appointed Person?
The Mine Manager must appoint as many competent persons as are necessary to assist them to carry out their duties. The number of appointments made will depend on the size, nature and technical complexity of the mine.
In addition to statutory roles, it may include Superintendents, Supervisors, Co-ordinators and Trainers and Assessors.
What is the cost?
The cost of the Section 44 Training Course is $150 per person (inc GST)
How long does the course go for?
The course duration is approximately 1.5 hrs
What topics and activities are included?
Section 1 – What is assessment and why do we do it?
• What is competency-based assessment?
• Why do organisations assess?
• Assessment versus training
• Consequences of inadequate assessment
• Can assessors be held liable for their assessment decisions?
• Types of competency-based assessment
Section 2 – Key concepts underpinning effective assessment
• Assessment benchmarks
• What are the Principles of Assessment?
• Assessment evidence and assessment methods
• What are the Rules of Evidence?
• Roles and responsibilities of the assessor
• Code of Practice for Assessors
Section 3 – How to conduct a high-quality assessment
• Preparing to assess
• The pre-assessment briefing
• Gathering assessment evidence
• Supporting the candidate
• Making the assessment decision
• Issues that can unfairly influence assessment judgements
• Documenting and recording assessment evidence
• Writing assessment comments
• Providing assessment feedback
• How to give a ‘Not yet competent’ result
• Filing and storage of assessment paperwork
Section 4 – Dealing with assessment challenges and reviewing the assessment process
• Common assessment challenges and how to deal with them
• Giving feedback on assessment tools and processes
• Benefits of assessment validation
• How to participate effectively in assessment validation
What is the benefit of doing the course online?
The benefits of doing the Assessment Refresher Course online with TSA include:
Flexibility: Access to content 24/7 days a week
Self Paced: Ability to for your employee to work own pace and fit the training around their other commitments
Self Help: Employees are able to immediately review content should they answer an assessment question incorrectly
Increased Capacity and Consistency: Online learning allows employers to achieve a great degree of coverage for their target audience, and it ensures that the message is communicated in a consistent fashion. This results in all learners receiving exactly the same training.
Decreased Cost: Reduces time away from the workplace, eliminates the need for travel, and removes the need for classroom-based training
Reduction of the Carbon Footprint: Use of online learning for training delivery coupled with online testing and quizzing, eliminates the the need for printing out paper-based training materials and assessments.
What are the assessment requirements?
The assessment for this course consists of Assessment questions and activities to be completed on-course at the end of each section. There are no post course assessment requirements.
Is there any more information?
Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444.