Mentor In The Workplace
Who should do this training?
This workshop has been developed for those who are responsible for mentoring others in the workplace. The course is suitable for those working at the level of a supervisor or manager.
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 2 days.
What is the cost?
Special rates can be negotiated with clients for group-based programs delivered exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
We can also offer in-house client specific training in all metropolitan and regional areas in Australia, as well as overseas.
When is the course available?
Special rates can be negotiated for programs conducted by Training Services Australia on behalf of our clients, exclusively for their personnel.
Are there any course pre-requisites?
No qualifications are necessary to participate in this workshop, however participants are expected to have a suitable experience base which they can draw upon to provide mentoring to others.
Which unit(s) are covered?
TAEDEL404A – Mentor in the workplace
This is an elective unit from the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Note: This unit was superseded by TAEDEL404 on 5 April 2016. Training Services Australia is permitted to continue training, assessing and issuing certification for TAEDEL404 until 4 October 2017.
What topics and activities are included?
- Introduction to mentoring
- Mentoring for apprentices and trainees
- Developing a mentoring plan
- Communication skills for effective mentoring
- Facilitating and monitoring the mentoring relationship
- Closing and evaluating the mentoring relationship
Is there any pre-course work?
Before attending the workshop, participants are encouraged to access and bring a copy of their organisation’s policies, procedures and forms relating to workplace mentoring.
Participants who are being sent on the course by their organisation are also encouraged to find out why their organisation wants them to be a workplace mentor, the purpose of the mentoring they are undertaking, and who they will be expected to mentor.
What about homework and assessment requirements?
Participants may be required to complete some work at home after the first day of the course, in preparation for the following day.
The assessment for this course consists of:
- Assessment questions and activities to be completed on-course
- Post-course assessment activities, including:
– Developing a mentoring plan for a learner in your workplace
– Facilitating and monitoring the mentoring relationship in accordance with your plan, including documenting at least three mentoring sessions
– Closing the mentoring relationship and evaluating its effectiveness
– Answering reflection questions about the mentoring relationship
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for more detailed course information including Language Literacy and Numeracy requirements, RPL and other general advice. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444.