Coach Others in the Workplace
Why choose us?
We have 20 years experience in the training of trainers and are committed to quality. We are trusted by many of Australia’s leading companies.
Who should do this training?
This course is appropriate for those with significant technical or vocational expertise who are expected to provide one-on-one coaching to others, over a period of time, as part of their work responsibilities. It is particularly suitable for supervisors, team leaders and industry-based trainers who are required to coach others in organisation specific tasks and activities. The course is also appropriate for ‘in-cab’ trainers.
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 2 days.
What is the cost?
$600 per person.
This price is for public workshops in our Perth training centre. Special rates can be negotiated with clients for group-based programs delivered exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre. We can also offer in-house client specific training overseas, throughout regional Australia as well as all capital cities including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Are there any course pre-requisites?
No qualifications or other formal pre-requisites are necessary to participate in this course. However, it is recommended that participants have a minimum of 12 months experience working in the industry in which they plan to coach so that they have sufficient subject matter knowledge and experience to be able to coach others effectively.
Which unit(s) are covered?
WPTDEL001 – Coach others in the workplace
This is an core unit from the nationally recognised Course in Field-based Training and Assessment (10235NAT)
What topics and activities are included?
The topics addressed in this course include:
- Introduction to competency-based training
- Learning principles and styles
- Communication skills for coaches
- Preparing for workplace coaching
- Initiating the learning relationship
- Coaching the learner
- Concluding the coaching relationship
- Reviewing coaching performance
Is there any pre-course work?
Before attending the workshop, participants are encouraged to access and bring a copy of their organisation’s coaching policies, procedures, forms and documentation.
What about homework and assessment requirements?
The assessment for this course includes:
- Short answer questions
- Evidence of the provision of one-on-one coaching to at least one person on job-specific skills and knowledge, incorporating:
– At least three related sessions that build on each other, with a total of 90 minutes coaching time; or
– A coaching relationship which extends over a period of 3-days or longer
- Preparation of records relating to the coaching undertaken
- The candidate’s self-reflection on their performance as a coach
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for more detailed course information. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444