Operational Planning and Client Service
Who should do this training?
Supervisors, Team Leaders and Frontline managers who are required to manage the day-to-day operations of a team to meet customer needs and achieve operational goals. This course contains 3 units from the Cert IV in Frontline Management
How long does the course go for?
The workshop duration is 3 days.
What is the cost?
$695 per person.
The price is for our public workshops in our Perth office. Special rates can be negotiated for programs conducted by Training Services Australia on behalf of our clients, exclusively for their personnel.
Where are the training locations?
Our public workshops are located in Perth at our training centre.
We also offer in-house client specific training overseas, throughout regional Australia as well as all capital cities including Darwin, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When is the course available?
Public course dates are listed below. Please click on the date to enrol. In-house private training can be arranged at a time and date suitable to your business.
Are there any course pre-requisites?
No qualifications are necessary to participate in this workshop. However, a reasonable level of reading and writing ability is required, as well as basic computer skills. To complete the assessment component of this course, you will need to be working in an organisation where you have responsibility for leading a team, addressing customer needs and coordinating business resources.
Which unit(s) are covered?
BSBMGT402A – Implement operational plan
BSBCUS403B – Implement customer service standards
BSBADM409A – Coordinate business resources
What topics and activities are included?
- Introduction to operations management
- Implementing customer service systems
- Customer needs and customer service standards
- Organisational planning concepts
- Planning operations
- Resource acquisition and allocation
- Monitoring operational performance and resource use
Is there any pre-course work?
Learners are encouraged to prepare for the course by:
- Locating, reading and bringing a copy of the customer charter or customer service standards that apply to their team (if these exist)
- Thinking about the following questions which will be discussed on the course:
- Who are your customers (internal and external)?
- What are your customers’ expectations of your team?
- What are the outputs of your team?
- How are the operations of your team planned and what tools are used to support this planning?
- What inputs (resources) are required by your team and how are these acquired?
- How are your team’s outputs / operations monitored and reported?
What about homework and assessment requirements?
Learners may be required to complete some work at home after each day of the course, in preparation for the following day.
Completion of on-course assessment activities designed to test learners’ underpinning knowledge of operational planning, client service and resource planning.
Post-course assignment, including:
- Structured tasks / activities to provide evidence of the application of operational planning and monitoring, addressing customer needs and coordinating business resources in the workplace
- Answers to questions about practical application of key components of the course (may be presented in writing or via an interview with a TSA assessor)
- Third party report from supervisor confirming practical application of competencies in the workplace
Is there any more information?
Yes! Click here for more detailed course information including Language Literacy and Numeracy requirements, RPL and other general advice. Please also review our learner agreement prior to enrolment which contains important information about your rights and obligations as well as support services. Additionally you can email us here or call us on 08 9422 6444.